Without question the most extraordinary archeological treasure on earth, Egypt is home to the only remaining wonder of the ancient world – the Great Pyramid of Cheops. While terms such as “life-changing” and “world class” are tossed around all too frequently these days, this is one destination that far exceeds expectations to provide a truly transformational travel experience.
The people are warm and friendly, and, on the heels of momentous change, are particularly eager to make visitors feel welcome.
It is a country filled with contrasts. Modern vehicles crowd the streets next to mule-drawn carts; dress is a swirl of traditional eastern and western styles; the endless sands of the desert abruptly give way to the lush palms of the oasis. The twenty-first century exists in harmony with an embarrassment of riches from the past. There are so many remnants of antiquity everywhere you look ~ temples, statuary, carvings, monuments, pyramids ~ it’s almost overwhelming. Not surprisingly, Egypt figures prominently in most travele
For the first-time visitor, there are iconic sites that are not to be missed, and no one does this classic itinerary better than Travcoa. Fully-inclusive in a way that must be experienced to be appreciated, Travcoa’s luxury small-group escorted journeys are the benchmark for this type of travel. Expect the finest accommodations, including amazing Presidential Suites on the Sonesta St. George for the river cruise segment of this Egyptian itinerary.
- Visit some of civilization’s most spectacular treasures, brought vividly to life by a private Egyptologist who travels with you throughout your stay
- Enjoy the finest accommodations including Four Seasons and Oberoi properties as well as your Presidential Suite on the Sonesta St. George
- Explore the unparalleled collections at the Egyptian Museum including the glories of Tutankhamen, and visit the small and elegant Luxor Museum
- Stand in amazement beneath the colossal statues at Abu Simbel
- Wander the narrow alleyways of Khan El Khalili Souq and experience the quiet beauty of Cairo’s magnificent mosques and Ben Ezra synagogue
- Take a boat to view the monuments of Philae, rescued from the waters and relocated to a new island home when the High Dam was built
- Marvel at the antiquities surrounding Cairo ~ Giza, Memphis, Sakkara ~ the Great Pyramid, the Spinx
- See the remnants of an ancient and illustrious culture at Karnak, Edfu, and the Valley of the Kings and Queens
- Ride a camel in the shadow of the pyramids and enjoy prime seating and VIP access for the Pyramids Sound and Light Show